My lovely easy-peasy friends, here I am!
I do apologise for keeping you waiting, it has been an intense month for me: changing flat, changing job place, and waiting endless days for a wi-fi connection 🙂 ! I feel like my life has completely changed but in positive, I’ve got new friends and collegues, and since I don’t have to commute everyday by train..more time for cooking! 🙂 I’ve also re-started attending some drawing classes with my lovely friend Andrea, but this is another story! Anyway, it’s not too late to learn my favourite ricotta and pine nuts pie!
It is a suuuper easy recipe, I remember having discovered it with my mum in one of those days of complete laziness, like a rainy Sunday evening 😀 when you’re like wandering around the house without having nothing to do, and you feel useless! Well, the result is amazing and the time wasted below zero! I love when I can obtain brilliant results without actually any effort 🙂 , try it and let me know! I’d really appreciate ❤
Let’s start cooking!
- Key ingredient: ricotta, lemon and vanilla (for best results 🙂 )
- Time needed: 45-60 min ( –> less than 1 hour)
- Perfect occasion: Breakfast
So, first of all:
- Let’s prepare the crust (I prefer it a bit more tender so my recipe is slightly different from a proper crust, but in my view is appropriate):
- 100 g of ’00’ flour
- 40 g of sugar
- 50 g of butter
- 1 egg, possibly organic
- a pinch of salt
Mix the butter and the flour in a bowl, then add sugar and stir them together. Add a pinch of salt and vanilla (syrup, berry or powder, whatever you have handy). Now add the egg, and mix everything with energy untill it become a smooth dough (if it’s still a bit sticky no worries, the result will be amazing anyway 🙂 ). Wrap it in a plastic film and let it rest in the fridge for 1/2 hour.
- While waiting, let’s prepare the filling:
- 250 g of ricotta
- 100g of sugar
- 1 organic lemon (grated skin)
- 1 egg
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, that was easy! it takes more or less 10 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Cover a 20cm diameter baking pan (or the smallest one you already have at home) with baking paper and grease it with butter.
- Open the fridge and grab your beautiful pie dough 🙂 Draw it inside the baking pan, leaving relatively high borders, in this way you’re pretty sure that your filling won’t escape from the crust 🙂 . Pierce the dough with a fork, to have some small holes on the crust; this prevent the dough to form creases while cooking
- Pour the filling into the baking pan and sprinkle some pine nuts on the surface…mmm 🙂
- Place the baking pan into the preheated oven and cook it for 30-35 mins, it is ready when the surface is golden 🙂
- Eat it!!!
Here we are, with a new easy-peasy recipe ready to be discovered! 🙂
Let me know and take care ❤