Hi everybody! Here we are after Easter Holidays 🙂 ! I didn’t vanished my dears, I only came back to Italy and you know how it works..eat with mum and daddy, eat with friends, eat with …almost everybody 😀 I was really busy ahah! But you will thank me sooner or later..because I had the chance to absorb new lovely recipes, also from my granny! mmm.. the best ever! I give you just a clue.. one is a soup 🙂 so…stay tuned!!
By the way, today I would like to share with you one of my favourite cakes: pear and chocolate cake 🙂 I have tried so many different recipes with these two ingredients combined, but nothing is tasty as this one, and super-easy of course! I like it because it has pleasant and mild taste, due to its simplicity, and it’s perfect also for breakfast.
Let’s start cooking!
- Key ingredient: pears (4-5), chocolate (50 g)
- Time needed: 10-15 mins (mixing and slicing the pears) + 40 mins cooking
[=> less than 1 hour]
- Perfect occasion: Breakfast
- Organize everything you need on the table:
- 5 pears (4 if they are pretty big)
- 120 g of butter
- 190 g of sugar
- 250 g of flour
- 4 eggs
- 7 g of instant dried yeast
- 50 g crumbled walnuts
- 50 g of chocolate chips/ bar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (so you don’t have to wait later )
- Wash the pears, peel them, slice them in half, then into quarters. Get the core out and dice each quarter roughly, add 2 spoons of flour and 5 spoons of sugar (better if it’s brown)
- Melt 120g of butter over low heat
- Take 4 eggs, separate the yolks from egg whites and place them in different bowls. The whites must remain cool, so my tecnique is to place under the bowl something frozen from the freezer..in this way it would be easier to whip them up.
- Mix the yolks with the remaining sugar (140 g), the melted butter, 250 g of flour and 7 g of instant dried yeast. It will become a solid dough.
- Whip the egg whites up (don’t worry if you don’t have electric whisk, I usually do it by hands and it takes just 10 mins 🙂 ) start off slowly and gradually work up to a high speed. Mix them with the dough veeery slowly..from the bottom to the top.
- Cover a 15cm diameter baking pan (or the smallest one you already have at home) with baking paper and grease it with butter.
- Pour 1/2 of the batter inside the baking pan. Place upon the diced pears, chocolate chips and crumbled walnuts. Cover everything with the remaining batter.
- Place the baking pan into the preheated oven and cook it for 40 mins, it is ready when the surface is golden and when the spaghetti comes out dry.
- Eat it!!!! 😀
Hope you like it! We have used seasonal (organic possibly) fruit and created a beautiful..delicious..pear and chocolate cake! 🙂 mmm!
See you soon ❤