Today we cook..pasta! 🙂
It is super-easy, I like it because it gives me the opportunity to use whole-wheat pasta, which sometimes doesn’t suits well with the sauce because of its stronger taste. I created this recipe when I was thinking: what can I do with this courgettes??? 😀 I always have tons of courgettes in my fridge, I don’t know why!
I think they secretly duplicate themselves….
By the way, this recipe is quick and tasty 🙂 you can prepare it if you are in a hurry, or feeling lazy, or just want to change pasta sauce.. all you need is [love! also, but I was saying.. ] the time to cook pasta! So basically 15-20 mins.
Now, let’s cook!
- Key ingredients: a vegetable (like a courgette), sun-dried tomatoes, goat cheese
- Required time: 15/20 mins
- Number of people: 2
- Perfect occasion: Lunch
- Organize everything you need on the table :
- 220 g of whole-wheat fusilli
- 1/4 of white onion
- 1 courgette (depending on size..mine was massive!)
- 3-4 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 dried red chili peppers (ok I just opened RDCP on youtube.. take it on the otherside..nananaa…)
- [extra virgin] olive oil
- Fill 3/4 of a medium pan with tap water, cover with a lid and place upon high heat to boil.
- Weight 200-220 g of pasta (it depends on your level of hunger 🙂 )
- Finely chop 1/4 of a white onion, place it inside a pan with 2-3 spoons of olive oil. Cook it sloowly..at low heat….all the sugars will come out of the onion 🙂 so lovely!
- Wash one courgette, slice both ends off, then slice it in thin rounds. When the onion begin to turn golden, and appear softer, add the sliced courgette and stir them together .Tip: try to not burn the onion, it tastes bitter and spoil everything..so turn food continuously, until it releases a bit of water which is needed for cooking. If you fancy, you can add 1-2 spoons of hot water. Cook for about 7-10 mins (when it’s half-cooked add a pinch of salt), I like them soft and still round shaped.
- In the meantime, when the water start boiling, add salt and then pasta. Stir them now and then..we don’t like the pasta to stick to the pan, don’t we? 🙂
- If you like spicy food: place one dried red chilli pepper in a pan, squeeze it with a wooden spoon (in this way you don’t touch it with your hands…and your eyes are safe for today! :D). Add 3-4 spoons of olive oil and heat them for a few minutes, until the pepper turns brownish .
- Slice 3-4 sun-dried tomatoes. Add them to the cooked courgettes, together with the hot oil .
- When pasta is cooked al dente, it depends on the brand but usually 9-10 mins, drain it and stir with the sauce.
- Serve the pasta with grated goat cheese, as much as you like it (it is fabulous, you will love it I am sure!)
Hope you liked it, let me know whatever doubt you have! I am here for you 🙂
Enjoy and see you soon with a new recipe! ❤