Here I am, with a new super easy recipe! 🙂
This time it is really precious, I tell you why: it comes from my sister’s fiancee family, more precisely from his lovely granny Ivana ❤ . She is a tiny elderly woman, as sweet as this cake 🙂 , always trying to do her best to make her grandchildren happy, always smiling. I strongly believe in the importance of traditions, passed down through multiple generations, because they are history, experience and results..especially if we are talking about food 😀 ! For this reason I’d love if you read this recipe and tresure it :)!
Have you ever met someone who doesn’t like grandma’s food? Negative! It is always good-to-the-last bite 🙂 even though sometimes you feel like you’re exploding! 😀 -mm..maybe always eheh!- by the way, you’ll love this cake: it is a compromise between grandma’s food and a healthy one 😀 (sorry, grandma!) because it contains 80% of fruit.
Let’s start cooking now!
- Key ingredient: apples (3-4)
- Time needed: 10-15 mins (mixing and slicing the apples) + 30 mins cooking
[=> less than 1 hour]
- Perfect occasion: Breakfast
- Organize everything you need on the table:
- 4 apples (3 if they are pretty big)
- 100 g of butter
- 10/12 spoons of sugar
- 10/12 spoons of flour
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (so you don’t have to wait later 🙂 )
- Wash the apples, slice them in half, then into quarters. Peel them and get the core out. Slice each quarter in 3/4 wedges.
- Cover a 15cm diameter baking pan (or the smallest one you already have at home) with baking paper, and sprinkle one spoon of sugar onto it. Place the apple wedges inside it in the same orientation as they are on the cutting board (because it’s an upside-down cake, and later you will invert it onto a serving plate)…..the first time I did it, I forgot this detail and it was a bit ugly, poor cake! 😀
- Melt 100g of butter over low heat (Tip: let it melt slowly, it doesn’t have to turn brown. So as soon as the butter starts melting, turn off the heat and let the remaining butter melt by itself (was it the zeroth law of thermodynamics..?! too many useless thoughts pop into my tiny head 😀 !)
- Sprinkle 10/12 spoons of sugar over the melted butter, mix them together. Add the eggs in succession and, blend the ingredients to make a smooth batter (you can use a whisk, or a fork if you don’t have it).
- Now sieve 10/12 spoons of flour into a small colander and sprinkle them over the batter. Blend homogeneously the batter……which now is ready!
- Pour the batter inside the baking pan, over the sliced apples.
- Whoah!! You have done it! 😀 The good thing is that the recipe suggest cooking for just 30 mins! So, place the baking pan into the preheated oven and cook it for 30-35 mins, it is ready when the surface is golden and when……do you remember the spaghetti rule?! 😀 if you insert it in the center, it has to come out clean. Good!
- When the cake is warm, turn it upside-down and smile! Tomorrow you have an excellent breakfast ❤
Enjoy! And for any question or doubt, I am here for you 🙂
…..soon with a new easy recipe!!